Dr. Wolfgang Oppenheimer (1924-2014):
Born in Hamburg 1924. Educated in the Collegio Papio in Ascona, graduated in 1943. Graduated from the University of Zurich in 1949 with a degree of Doctor of Commerce. Served his internship in Great Britain and the U.S.A. He is the author of four historical books in Italian and German. Oppenheimer is an honorary professor in an american university and received the Schiller Price Award in 1993.
Ursula Oppenheimer-Isler, President:
Violinist and violin teacher. Studied at the Zurich Conservatory. Training in Salzburg, Gstaad and London. She is married in Ascona and is a resident of Ascona since 1971. Oppenheimer gave private lessons and taught at the Conservatory della Svizzera in Lugano and is a mentor to many of her students. She was the Vice President and a member of the central committee of the SMPV from 1993 to 1999.
Dr. Roman Hollenstein:
After receiving a PhD in history of art and architecture, Roman Hollenstein (born in 1953), worked as a scientific assistant for the collections of the Prince of Liechtenstein in Vaduz and Vienna. Subsequently, he worked as a freelancer for the exhibitions of the Museum of Fine Arts Bern, fulfilled teaching assignments at the University of Bern and taught at the Zurich University of the Arts (former Hochschule für Gestaltung). As a member of the Board of Directors, from 1987 to 1990 he headed the Art History division of the Swiss Institute for Art Research in Zurich. Since 1990, he has been working for the Neue Zürcher Zeitung, a newspaper for whom he created the supplement on art trade and expanded the supplement on architecture. As a journalist for the cultural pages, he was responsible for the areas of architecture, design and preservation of monuments. Along with various articles and reviews in the Neue Zürcher Zeitung, Hollenstein also published essays and papers on topics like art around 1800, international contemporary art, Swiss art, contemporary Swiss architecture, museums architecture, the construction of synagogues as well as architecture in Israel.
Arch. Paolo Kaehr:
Born in 1952. Studied architecture at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology. Since 1980 he owns his own firm at his architectural studio in Minusio. He has taught architecture and construction techniques at the Supsi of Lugano since 1993. In 1998, he started with his first research project of the nine houses that Weidemeyer built in Ascona. Now he is a researcher at ISAAC at the DACD-SUPSI.
Arch. Guido Tallone:
He was born in 1939 (Sorengo) and in 1966 he acquired the university degree in architecture at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETHZ). In 1965 he took over the architecture office of his father, Raffaello Tallone, in Bellinzona and in 1976 he transferred it to Locarno. In 1969 Tallone obtained the certificate in urbanism at the Institute for Local Planning (ORL-Institute) at the ETH Zurich. From 1973 to 1978 he was chairman of the «Ordine degli Ingegneri e Architetti del Canton Ticino (OTIA)», an association of the engineers and architects of Canton Ticino. From 1979 to 1987 he was member of the organisation commissioned by the cantonal government for the creation of an inventory of the architecture in Ticino between 1850 and 1930. From 1983 to 1987 Tallone was member of the cantonal committee for nature protection and landscape conservation (Commissione cantonale per la protezione delle bellezze naturali e del paesaggio, CBN). Since 2008 he cooperates with Andreas Biffi and Stefano Garbani Nerini.